What resources are available for people affected by HIV and AIDS?
While the treatment of HIV and AIDS has advanced to the point that AIDS is now considered a chronic condition, the stigma surrounding it is still strong. The Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association, or Four A’s, is a nonprofit geared toward preventing new HIV cases and providing much-needed service to those who are HIV positive.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
• Robin Lutz, MPH, executive director of Four A’s
• James Hoagland, Four A’s Southeast program manager
Links To Resources:
• Four A’s: https://www.alaskanaids.org
• Harm Reduction Coalition — resources on harm reduction principles including syringe exchange programs: https://harmreduction.org/
• CDC - Federal resource on HIV: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/defaul...
• AK State Department of Health – State-level resource on HIV in Alaska: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi...
• Interior AIDS Association - HIV Community Organization serving Fairbanks: Interior AIDS Association: https://www.interioraids.org/